Maitland, FL 32751
Salary: $46,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year
Sandcastle Homecare – Assistant Controller
We are looking for a reliable Assistant Controller to assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a Controller/General Manager. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will report to the Controller/General Manager.
· Supports most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
· Assists in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
· Assists in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements.
· Prepares financial statements to summarize and forecast the company’s financial status.
· Manages journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing.
· Assists in the preparation of budgets or forecasts.
· Assists and participates in preparation for audits.
· Helps in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies.
· Reviews the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
· Utilizes accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records..
· Produces and manages balance sheets and analyze future earnings and expenses.
· Assists with management of accounting, auditing, and budgeting within the organization.
· Works to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances.
· Ensures compliance with and prepare reports according to applicable government regulations.
· Uses accounting software to maintain records and prepare reports.
· Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field is preferred.
· At least 3 years’ experience in accounting.
· Proven experience as assistant controller or other similar position.
· Good knowledge of accounting principles.
· Strong analytical / critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Highly skilled in math, accounting, and financial processes.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Detail oriented and highly organized.
· Reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
· Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks.
· Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and applicable regulations.
· Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
· Understanding of data analysis and forecasting.
· Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and Quickbooks.
Sandcastle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, State, or local protected class.